Virtual Writers accepts English-language submissions by electronic format only.
Submit only unpublished work. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
Send your submissions in.doc or .rtf format, as an email attachment to admin at virtualwriters . org (remove spaces and replace ‘at’ with @ before sending) with the following information in the subject area of the email: Submission – (title, for example “Avoiding Writer’s Block”) by (Your Name). Please also include a 100-word bio (written in third person) in the body of the email.
Expect to hear from us within 6 weeks if we are interested. Unfortunately, we cannot offer reasons for rejection.
Virtual Writers acquires first-time electronic rights with exclusive rights for 30 days from publication. Rights will revert to the author after publication. Authors are free to republish their work in either electronic or print as long as Virtual Writers is recognized as the original publisher and you provide a link to us. We also reserve the right to republish your work, whole or in part, in future electronic and/or print editions or anthologies.
Virtual Writers is unable to offer payment. We can, however, offer the ability to link to your bio, personal site or other journals in which you are published.
Topics we are interested in publishing:
- The art of writing
- Avoiding writer’s block
- Tips for using role-play to stimulate your writing
- Writing for children (picture books, middle grade and YA)
- How to write a cover letter
- Giving the elevator pitch
- Your writer’s space
- Plotter or pantser?
- Writing competitions – are they worth all the effort?
- Independent or traditional publishing?
- Agent or go it alone?
- How to pitch your book or movie script to prospective agents
- What to expect in a publisher’s contract
- Your Influences
- How to create believable characters
- On being a debut author
- How to write a synopsis
- Dealing with rejection
- Using social media to promote your work